Toy retailer opts for omnichannel commerce
Context and challenges
JouéClub, a famous French toy and game retailer, is a cooperative that brings together individual specialists to build a network of over 300 local stores. The brand recently chose to create a single shopping experience that unifies its web, mobile, and brick and mortar channels to streamline the consumer journey and boost its positioning as a web pioneer.
The following were the main goals of this project:
- Obtain a unified, cutting-edge e-commerce platform.
- Boost the brand's online presence.
- Promote and strengthen web2store and store2web synergies to re-establish competence in the toy and games sector
- Track consumer trips and make the ordering process more efficient.
- Improve customer knowledge and marketing personalization
SQLI was selected by JouéClub to convert their existing website into an unified digital platform. There was also a mobile version. JouéClub was able to gain an omnichannel dimension and improve its brand positioning as a result of the project.
Take a look at the final solution:
- An audit of the cooperative's inaugural e-commerce site, as well as a needs study of its members
- A new omnichannel strategy is being developed.
- General Management and the network's independent members are working together on a change management program.
- A study of e-commerce platform publishers, as well as assistance in selecting a solution
- Artistic direction and user experience design (UX)
- SEO and Digital Analytics
- The platform's management and deployment
Proximis, one of SQLI's primary partners, was chosen by JouéClub to assist with all of this. An sophisticated order management engine and an in-store sales app are integrated into the solution, which is built for omnichannel commerce.
Solid colors and rounded shapes were chosen to fit with the world of children, providing a modernized look and feel.
JouéClub was able to fully embrace omnichannel by merging databases, centralizing stock, and optimizing resupply of sales outlets and user access to products thanks to the digital system, which was launched in October 2018. Customers and retail employees alike will profit from the solution.
Members of the cooperative can now use a unified back-office to streamline operations and communicate with operational teams. Furthermore, the brand can now:
- Examine the paths taken by customers.
- Examine the performance of each particular product.
- Gain a deeper understanding of your customers and improve your loyalty program's goals.
The project's timing worked out well, allowing the toy and games merchant to handle a massive inflow of orders during the key end-of-year season. JouéClub is pleased with its industry-leading e-commerce website, which caters to client wants, enhances customer knowledge, and maximizes sales potential.