First web shop for ArcelorMittal
ArcelorMittal chose SQLI to start the digital transformation of their sales activities. A new e-commerce platform was created for the online B2B and B2C of their steel products.
ArcelorMittal Distribution Solutions is the European leader in the distribution of high-performance steel products to B2B and B2C customers. They are part of the ArcelorMittal Group and are present in 30 countries in Europe with over 300 facilities.
As the B2B steel business sector is tough, it was important for ArcelorMittal Distribution Solutions to stay ahead of the competition and to position itself as a leader and innovator in a highly competitive industrial sector.
Some big challenges ahead
- Create a new online shop for steel products with an attractive layout and easy navigation
- Offer a product catalogue with detailed product pages that show product availability and related products thanks to a multi-agency platform
- Develop new business by focusing on both B2C and B2B customers and strengthen their number one position on the marke
- tImprove the overall customer experience by optimising operational efficiency.
A new e-commerce platform with specific functionalities
With a proven track record in SAP, ArcelorMittal decided to put their trust in the expert hands of SQLI. The close collaboration between the internal SAP-team, the new e-commerce team and a dedicated IT-team resulted in delivery of the new online shop within the time limit of 6 months.
Choosing SAP Customer Experience (Hybris Commerce) was the ideal scenario, since it meant having all the benedits from a market leader in Commerce suites and it facilitated the integration with the already existing SAP ERP back-ends.
The webshop now has a lot of functionalities, like technical information about the products, multi user accounts, payments on account or via credit card, personalised product assortment and pricing, quotation management and quick ordering possibilities.
New functionalities, such as order tracking and repetitive orders, are currently under development.
- 300 sites across 30 countries in Europe
- 20% of the sales coming from online sales
- 7% of the turnover generated by the web shop
A strong online presence reinforcing their position
In terms of results, the digitalisation of their sales activities was a real win for ArcelorMittal. In some locations sales have increased; with more than 20 percent coming from online sales. As a result, turnover from the website already represents 7 percent of the activities of ArcelorMittal Solutions France.
After the success in France, deployment of the platform is planned for Belgium, Italy, Spain and Germany as well.
Numerous advantages for ArcelorMittal's customers
- 24/7 access to the shop and product information,
- A comprehensive online product catalogue with detailed technical information for each product, a view of stock availability at the various branches and the ability to place orders instantly,
- Tracking the status of orders, from shipping to payment details,
- Online access to order history and all administrative documents,
- The ability to introduce recurring orders and purchase limits per buyer within your organisation as well as a multitude of features specific to B2B e-commerce,
- A modern front office with intuitive navigation.