First web shop for ArcelorMittal
SQLI was chosen by ArcelorMittal to begin the digital transformation of their sales efforts. For online B2B and B2C sales of their steel products, a new e-commerce platform was developed.
ArcelorMittal Distribution Solutions is the European market leader in high-performance steel product distribution to both B2B and B2C clients. They are part of the ArcelorMittal Group and have over 300 sites in 30 countries around Europe.
Because the B2B steel market is competitive, ArcelorMittal Distribution Solutions needed to stay ahead of the pack and establish itself as a leader and innovation in a highly competitive industry.
Some big challenges ahead
- Create a new steel-related online store with a pleasing design and simple navigation.
- Using a multi-agency platform, create a product catalog with extensive product pages that show product availability and related products.
- Improve the entire customer experience by improving operational efficiency.
- Develop new business by focusing on both B2C and B2B customers and strengthening their number one position on the market.
A new e-commerce platform with unique features.
ArcelorMittal opted to put their trust in SQLI's skilled hands because of their solid track record in SAP. The new online shop was delivered inside the 6-month deadline because to close collaboration between the internal SAP team, the new e-commerce team, and a dedicated IT team.
Choosing SAP Customer Experience (Hybris Commerce) was the best option because it provided all of the benefits of a market leader in commerce suites while also simplifying connection with the current SAP ERP back-ends.
The webshop currently provides a variety of features, including technical product information, multi-user accounts, account or credit card payments, customized product assortment and pricing, quotation management, and quick ordering options.
New features are actively being developed, such as order tracking and repeat orders.
- 300 sites across 30 countries in Europe
- 20% of the sales coming from online sales
- 7% of the turnover generated by the web shop
A strong online presence reinforcing their position
In terms of results, ArcelorMittal's digitalization of their sales activities was a huge success. Sales have surged in some areas, with internet sales accounting for more than 20% of total sales. As a result, the website's revenue already accounts for 7% of ArcelorMittal Solutions France's total revenue.
After the success in France, deployment of the platform is planned for Belgium, Italy, Spain and Germany as well.
Customers of ArcelorMittal can take advantage of a variety of benefits.
- Access to the shop and product information is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- A complete online product catalogue with full technical information for each product, a visual representation of stock availability at multiple branches, and the option to submit orders instantaneously
- Order status, from shipment to payment information, may be tracked.
- Order history and other administrative records are available online.
- The option to set up recurring orders and purchase limitations per buyer within your company, as well as a slew of other B2B e-commerce-specific features
- A sleek front desk with easy navigation.