As part of the Défis Mecenova – an initiative designed to showcase public-spirited projects throughout France by mobilising companies, staff and associations for an entire week – SQLI is to join forces this year with the association Le Rire Médecin.
This year, SQLI has decided to renew its support to the Mecenova Challenges, organised by IMS-Entreprendre pour la Cité whose concept was created by Jean-Noël Escoffier, an employee of the SQLI Group.
“How to help businesses mobilise their staff to support associations and set up public interest projects? The Mecenova Challenges create a positive and collective momentum that eases partnerships between businesses, their employees and associations”, explained Jean-Noël Escoffier, the creator of the Mecenova Challenges concept.
Launched in 2011, to coincide with the European Year of the Volunteer, the Mecenova Challenges aim to promote social initiatives steered through all over France by employees, by creating a collective momentum of stakeholders - businesses, their employees and associations -.Find out more about the Mecenova Challenges.
A dual commitment
For this edition of the Mecenova Challenges, the SQLI Group has decided to make a dual commitment:
- Firstly by renewing its skill-based sponsorship to the IMS: SQLI Lyon’s Teams upgraded all of the communication tools used by the Mecenova Challenges (posters distributed to participating companies, banners, motion graphics, etc.)
- Secondly, during the Mecenova Challenges week:
12th June, Operation Red Nose
For the ‘Red Noses for Le Rire Médecin’, SQLI employees will be invited to take photos of themselves wearing a red nose.The principle is simple: the Group will pay €2 for every photo posted on the SQLI Enterprise Social Network. A relaxed and fun way to take part in this solidarity initiative.At the end of the day, the photos will be counted to figure out the exact amount that SQLI will donate to Le Rire Médecin.There’ll be plenty of fun to mark the occasion, including:
- Photo competitions
- Goodies and cakes on sale
- And much more!Follow the event on Facebook.
From 12-19 June: Donations
Throughout the day of the operation and the following week, collaborators will be able to make donations directly to the Association via the secure Alvarum platform.
The association: Le Rire Médecin
One in two children is hospitalised before they reach 15. To help children and their families through these difficult periods, the clowns of Le Rire Médecin give the kids a chance to laugh and forget their illness for a while.
Key facts about Le Rire Médecin:
- Almost 24 years of operation
- Present in 45 paediatric units in France
- 100 hospital clowns
- 72,000 bespoke performances each year.
The association’s objectives:
- Establishing and growing its presence in paediatric units throughout France
- Actively participating in the development and professionalization of hospital clowns
- Promoting the principles of ‘good treatment’ throughout the hospital world+ Striving to be the leading association in the hospital clown scheme on a European level
To find out more about Le Rire Médecin.