Pierre Fabre: a new corporate website to reflect international group
SQLI selected to create a new online image
Pierre Fabre, an international pharmaceutical and dermo-cosmetics group, has entrusted the overhaul of its corporate website to SQLI, with which it has already completed a number of projects, such as the Laboratoires Klorane, Ducray and Klorane Botanical Foundation websites. This new website enhances communication, the employer brand and the relationship with the Group's users, in France and overseas.
Building unity through change
For more than a year, SQLI's teams in Toulouse have been developing the new Pierre Fabre corporate website. The group, which is based in the Tarn, France, wanted to update its website, which was created in 2012. Based on the new practices of its various targets, the challenges of this project were to:
- Make the website a single point of entry into the digital ecosystem of Pierre Fabre and its brands, redirecting users according to their needs
- Build a relationship of trust between the company and its audiences, with a fully user-centric website and a warmer, more transparent editorial line and tone
- Strengthen the links between the group and its brands (Avène, Klorane, Ducray, etc.)
- Comply with the GDPR
Features in the service of identity and users
Published on 7th May, this responsive website now offers new features that are essential to reflecting a modern group:
- An immersive video and a social wall, the central point of news about the group's brands, based on the latest API versions of YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- A Human Resources area, based on an iframe and API system from the solution RH Talentsoft, offering the services of a careers website and a candidate experience with total immersion in the world of Pierre Fabre
- Improved management of multilingual content, with a website that will soon be available in twenty or so languages, according to the locations of the group's subsidiaries
- A cookie configuration pop-in, in accordance with the GDPR, as Pierre Fabre places great importance in making it easy to use for visitors - this all-new feature is deployed on all of the group's websites
In order to meet the editorial needs of a corporate website that is rich in content, SQLI has developed a specific solution facilitating the publication workflow within the Group, in order to improve collaboration between the holding company and its subsidiaries. Communications teams can now create their own pages using a personalisable template. Adaptation of content in several languages has also been optimised.
SQLI's differentiating expertise is bearing fruit
SQLI made a difference thanks to the experience of its Toulouse-based agency, in terms of localisation of multilingual websites and Drupal expertise. Mainly based on this CMS, Pierre Fabre naturally opted for the latest version – Drupal 8 – which is recognised for its robustness and capacity to support website internationalisation. This solution also offers many possibilities in terms of content management and personalised features. It provides a solid and upgradeable basis upon which third-party services and personalised modules can be easily added.
Pierre-Jean Rey, Pierre Fabre's External Communications Director, says: "We had no doubt that SQLI's technical abilities would be up to the demands of this major project. This was an excellent collaborative effort which led to the creation of a robust product that meets our initial expectations. We particularly appreciated the support provided by SQLI in explaining technical aspects and solutions proposed, as well as their professionalism in carrying out the project."
This project was also an opportunity to perpetuate a collaboration that has lasted more than seven years, thanks to SQLI's handling of application maintenance (corrective and upgrade) for many of the group's websites, as well as assistance with GDPR issues.