Created in 1990, SQLI is a service and consultancy group dedicated to the world of digital. It assists companies and brands in defining, implementing and managing digital solutions for a brand new customer, partner and employee experience.
Its unique positioning where marketing meets technology and consulting means it is able to provide a global solution to the challenges of developing external sales and notoriety (digital & social marketing, client experience, connected commerce, data intelligence, etc.) and internal productivity and efficiency (digitization of operations, collaborative enterprise, mobility and connected objects, CRM, etc.).
Would you like to live a unique experience within SQLI's Release’s team? If you are a Release Manager and you are looking for a job in Barcelona, you've come to the right place!
The Release Manager has the end-to-end responsibility to coordinate the delivery of a given set of software's releases from scoping until the successful transition to operation & sustain teams, including design, build and testing phases. He/she will track the progress of each release and be pro-active by managing the risks efficiently. As a Senior role, he/she will play a coaching role for the other team members and will put in place continuous improvements in the Release deliveries.
No people management responsibility however such role requires very high interpersonal skills in order to be able to influence other without having the ability to use his/her line management.
We offer our collaborators the best working conditions : great projects using innovative technologies, competitive salaries, one training pack each year (1000€ individual training budget and 3 days), health and dental insurance, 2 days a week of flexible work.
- Scope management: consolidate the development demand as per the available capacity, manage dependencies, conflicts and risks. Track any evolution of the scope.
- Delivery coordination: lead the release follow-up meetings, facilitate the design, build and testing activities, monitor the progress of the developments, escalate the risks and manage the exceptions.
- Assure the compliance of the release planning with all stakeholders in the lifecycle.
- Register and track risks or deviations in terms of delivery on time and report them.
- Track progress of the release showstoppers and project showstoppers
- Coordinate any required patch and publish the release scorecard.
- Coaching: coach the other team members on the Release management activities.
- Put in place a continuous improvement in term of release management. Get the buy-in from the stakeholders to participate in the different improvements.
- Define KPIs and metrics to follow the whole release lifecycle
Who are you?
- You have 7+ years’ experience in demonstrable release management skills with 5 years’ experience in a wide range of department (development, production, support, test) and technologies (Java, Mobile native, Front web, Databases)
- Capability to manage complex software release end-to-end with a lot of different interlocutors (stakeholders, Outsourced Service providers, suppliers, project managers, PMO, developers, testers, etc.)
- Experience in Agile development method and in project management method (PMP or other)
- You are fluent in English (oral and written), speak Spanish or French is a plus
- You have high communication skills and are someone with strong organizational skills.
- Experience in continuous integration: Jenkins, GIT, IOS and Android release experience desirable
- Experience in Unix basics, Stash, Xcode, Jira, HP ALM
This position is open to people with disabilities