Back-End Development Expert
As a Back-End Development Expert, you will work with our team on high-tech and creative Drupal projects for well known national and international brands. We are looking for a team player who can connect to our team, help evolve our existing expertise and who has a large passion for his/her knowledge area. Constantly monitoring the latest trends, we believe in innovation and we are not afraid to take on new challenges, this is what we also expect from you !
We provide knowledge transfers, internal and external trainings and allow you to visit international conventions you are passionate about. Last year we joined several conventions including Front-end united, JS Conf and Drupalcon.
What to expect?
SQLI is an ambitious and growing organization with a variety of national and international customers. With our offices in Belgium, France and Switzerland …, plenty of opportunities are awaiting you! You’ll work for national or international brands to set up high-end front-end architectures. You will coach a team of back-end developers, organize peer programming sessions and code reviews along each sprint.
You will also work in close contact with our sales team, to assist in brainstorms and define solutions for our clients. We are active in PHP, and create applications in Symfony & Drupal, or standalone JS based applications. At SQLI we look at your needs and goals and create a plan of approach which will help you build your career. We also strongly believe in R&D and contribution. On a regular basis, we create prototypes to provide cutting edge solution to our clients. You will receive time to contribute the open source communities we work with put your name on the contribution map. On a regular basis we organize knowledge transfer meetings to extend our knowledge among the team.
As a back-end development expert, you will get the chance to visit a large international back-end related conference (Drupalcon, Dockercon, Symfonycon, …)
- You have experience in Drupal (>=7) and you are able to define an architecture.
- You have knowledge of Symfony 3 and can provide an architecture.
- You are aware of the configuration of Docker containers and are aware of the basics of Kubernetes or a similar cluster solution.
- Package managers as composer are obvious to you
- Ideally you also have some experience with Varnish, Redis
- You have some basic experience working with HTML5 and responsive frameworks (ex. Foundation, Bootstrap), to be able to assist the front-end team from the back-end perspective.
- You are aware of Agile development methodologies
- You are passionate, analytical and accurate
- You are able to provide trustworthy estimations
- You are result driven and you can handle tight deadlines with an eye for quality
- You’re passionate about IT, back-end development and web, but also a team player who enjoys having fun with your colleagues
- E-commerce experience with Magento and/or Shopify
- Solr/Elastic search
- You are passionate about Open Source solutions
- Contribute to open source communities
- Performance and scalability benchmarking and profiling
- DevOps experience.
We offer you
- Flexible work schedule
- A competitive salary
- Training & events opportunities
- A career path with your focus in mind
- Personal impact on the vision and growth of our web department
- Room for open source contribution
- Internal knowledge sharing gatherings
- A set of attractive legal benefits
- Laptop & other hardware needs
- Your dream job!